>>> Перейти на мобильный размер сайта >>>
Учебник для 6 класса
Unit 12. Holidays
1. Answer these questions, then listen to the tape to check your answers.
- When is Christmas celebrated in Europe?
- Do Russians celebrate this holiday? When do they celebrate it?
- Whose birthday is celebrated at Christmas?
- What country gave us the tradition of decorating the Christmas tree?
- Who introduced the tradition to decorate the Christmas tree in Russia?
- When was the custom of decorating Christmas trees with candles and presents introduced into Britain?
- Where does the most famous Christmas tree stand in London? Whose present is it?
- What do they call Father Frost in the West? Where does he live?
- What does Santa Claus look like?
- How does Santa Claus travel?
- How does Santa Claus enter houses to give children Christmas presents and where does he put them?
- What are the traditional Christmas colours?
- Why do little children sometimes write letters to Santa Claus?
- When did the custom of sending Christmas cards to friends, colleagues and relatives appear?
- What is the traditional Christmas food?
- What are Christmas carols?
- What is the day after Christmas called?
- How do people decorate their houses at Christmas?
* * * * * Let us Read and Learn * * * * *
1. Listen to the traditional Christmas song ‘Uingle, Bells!”,1 45, then sing it.
Jingle, bells! Jingle, bells!
Jingle all the way!
Oh what fun it is to ride
In a one-horse open sleigh.2
Dashing through the snow
In a one-horse open sleigh,
O’er the fields we go,
Laughing all the way.
Bells, on bobtail3 ring,
Making spirits bright.4
What fun it is to ride and sing
A sleighing song tonight.
1 “Jingle, Bells!” — «Звените, бубенчики!»
2 a one-horse open sleigh — открытые, запряженные одной лошадью сани
3 a bobtail — лошадка с коротким, подстриженным хвостом
4 making spirits bright — поднимая настроение