23. Write 3—5 sentences to answer these questions of British students.
What is the most popular TV programme in Russia?
What are the main sports played in Russia?
What kind of things do you do in your free time?
What are your hobbies?
What is your town like?
Do you celebrate Christmas?
Do many people have pets? What kinds of pets?
Is it easy to travel in and out of Russia?
What are the most common forms of transport in Russia?
What does it feel like to live in one of the biggest countries of the world?
24. One of the British students wanted to know what Russian apartments (flats) are like. Write a paragraph to describe your flat. Draw a plan of your flat.
25. This is a postcard that Elizabeth sent from Moscow to her friend in London. Read it and write a postcard to your friend who lives in some other town about the place where you spent your summer holidays.
26. Imagine that you are having a holiday in Britain (or any other English-speaking country). Write a postcard to your parents or to your friend from that place.
27. Imagine that your friend Roger came back from the holiday he spent in Scotland. You want to know what kind of holiday he had. Write Roger’s part to complete the dialogue. The words can help you.
had a coach1 tour; the coach was old, the weather was nasty; the passengers were too noisy; third-rate hotels; my money was stolen; the police were most unhelpful
You: What was your holiday like?
Roger: Terrible, quite, quite terrible ... (1)
You: What exactly was the matter?
Roger: ... (2)
You: I see!
You: So you are not pleased with your holiday at all, are you?
28. A. Make a Group Journal.2 Devote 1—2 pages to each student. Decorate the cover together. Use photos, pictures, etc. Write answers to these Journal questions:
Where were you born?
Where have you lived during your life?
Do you like the town where you live now?
Where would you like to live if you had a choice?3
What is your family like?
What do you expect of this school year?
What are your three greatest wishes?
1 a coach — междугородный автобус
2 a journal — зд. a diary
3 if you had a choice — если бы у тебя был выбор
B. Let every student read his/her page aloud. Keep the Journal till the end of the school year.