Учебник для 6 класса
Let Us Read and Learn
Future Indefinite Passive
shall/will be + V3
15. a) Look at the pages from Caroline’s diary and say what will be done each day of the week.
Example: Food will be bought on Monday.
b) You see how busy Caroline is going to be this coming week. She won’t be able to do a lot of things that she has to do. Think of 5 things that won’t be done by Caroline.
Example: The books won’t be returned to the library.
c) Work in pairs and ask each other what things will and won’t be done in your family at the coming weekend.
Example: — Will father’s car be washed? — No, it won’t. And will a pie be cooked for the party? — It certainly will.
16. Make the sentences complete. Use the table.
Example: The story ought to be written as soon as possible.
17. Express the same in English. a) 1. Эти новости обсудят после уроков. 2. Окна вымоют в конце месяца. 3. Делегацию встретят завтра. 4. Им скажут о нашем приезде. 5. Фильм посмотрят. 6. Котятам дадут молока. 7. Эти картины купят для городского музея. 8. Этих учеников спросят на следующем уроке. b) 1. Стадион должен быть построен в этом году. 2. Работа может быть сделана через три дня. 3. Животных необходимо защищать. 4. Эти новые песни должны быть исполнены (спеты) на концерте. 5. Это сражение может быть выиграно. 6. Растения придется полить. 7. Больного мальчика необходимо навестить. 8. Старые газеты придется сжечь.
18. a) Read and guess what the underlined words mean.
b) Look these words up to make sure that you have guessed right.
19. Read the words, look them up and study the word combinations and sentences to know how to use them.
extinct (adj): Dodoes1 are extinct birds. Dinosaurs2 are extinct animals,
a pigeon (n): Tourists liked to feed pigeons in Trafalgar Square,
to endanger (v): to endanger animals, to endanger one’s life. Nowadays tigers have become endangered animals: their number is so small, that they can easily die out.
a species (pl species) (n): a species of flowers, a species of animals. What species of plants can you see in the Botanical Garden? The Black Tulip is an unusual species of tulips.
an insect (n): an unusual insect. Insects usually have six legs, sometimes even more,
a mammal (n): Dogs are mammals. Mammals are animals that feed their young with milk,
to destroy (v): to destroy an army, to destroy a town, to destroy hopes. Fires often destroy forests. Mr Fox’s house was destroyed and so he and his family had no place to live,
a habitat (n): a habitat of plants, a habitat of animals. When we speak about a habitat we mean a place where a certain animal or plant is usually found,
cardboard (n): made of cardboard, a cardboard box. We used cardboard boxes to carry our books,
to damage (v): to be damaged by fire. The fire badly damaged the house. The house was so badly damaged that we had to build a new one.
to include (v): to include on the list, to be included. The group of twenty includes one girl. I want to go on the school trip too. Did you include me on the list? The trip is 300 dollars, the cost of the meals included,
to cure (v): to cure a patient, to cure an illness, to cure a headache. Some illnesses are very difficult to cure. I hope he will soon be cured,
a creature (n): a lovely creature, a poor creature, a kind creature. Look at the little foxes. Aren’t they funny creatures?
20. Fill in the suitable words to complete the text. Ex. 19 can help you.
At the Zoo
Hello, everybody! Welcome to our new and wonderful zoo full of different birds, m..., r..., and i... . Their list in... many sp... living on our planet. I’m sure you won’t be sorry that you’ve come because I’m going to show you something that will make you gasp.1 Here, on your left there are our new arrivals. Their h... is Australia. Some of these animals are very rare,2 almost ex... . It means that they are dying out because Man had de... their homes. You know that a lot of forests are dam..., so these cr... are en... . If we, humans, are as careless in future as we have been, very soon we’ll be able to see these animals only at the zoo, or at the natural history museums. That will be much worse for the reason that there they won’t be alive, but made of car..., paper, wood and fur.
21. Listen to the poem “Dogs”, 12, and learn it by heart.
(after Ogden Nash)