Ó÷åáíèê äëÿ 6 êëàññà
Unit 22. Consolidation Four
* * * * * Let Us Talk * * * * *
1. Look at the pictures and name the animals.
Example: Number one is an emu.
2. a) Imagine that you are going to meet an Australian writer. Prepare 8—10 questions that you would like to ask him about his country.
b) Work in pairs. Act out the dialogue with the writer for whom you have prepared your questions. Then answer his/her questions about Russia.
3. Give five reasons why you would like to go to Australia.
4. Comment on this:
Australia is the land where birds run instead of flying and animals hop instead of running.
5. a) Complete the dialogue putting the sentences from the box in their right places. Listen to the tape, 77, and check your version.
Ralph: Can I help you?
Ralph: Certainly. It’s not at all heavy.
Masha: OK. I’ve done it. Thanks for your help. Sydney looks great in this ight. Thank you again.
Ralph: Are you from Sydney?
Masha: No, I’m from Russia.
Ralph: Russia? When did you come here?
Masha: Thanks. I am learning English at school. I hope that after my stay in Australia I’ll speak English better.
Ralph: Do you find it difficult to understand Australian English?
Masha: Quite. The accent is a little bit unusual. Though I understand nearly everything. And you? Do you live here?
b) Act out the conversation and continue it.
6. Find the right place for the words in brackets.
6. a) Look at the pairs of verbs and remember what they mean.
b) Make the right choice and complete these sentences with the verbs given above.