Ó÷åáíèê äëÿ 6 êëàññà
Unit 11. Consolidation Two
1. Say what you remember about:
2. Imagine that you are going to meet Prince William, Queen Elizabeth’s grandson. Prepare 8—10 questions that you would like to ask him.
3. How well do you know London? Give names to the places in these pictures.
4. Say where in London you can:
5. Work in pairs. Read the questions and let your partner answer them. Don’t forget to change over.
6. Complete the dialogue. Compare your version with the version on the tape. Act the dialogue out, 42.
Ben: Well, Alice, did you enjoy the play?
Alice: ... .
Ben: I think it was wonderful. I like Shakespeare’s plays. I’ve always wanted to see “Romeo and Juliet” in Stratford.
Alice: ... ?
Ben: Oh, yes. The actors were really good, especially the actress playing Juliet.
Alice: How did you like the Shakespeare Memorial Theatre? It’s the biggest I’ve ever seen.
Ben: Yes, it’s huge. I’m glad our seats were ... .
Alice: Now I understand why we have come to Stratford all the way from London. I enjoyed every minute of the play.
Ben: So ... I. Just wait, tomorrow we are going to visit the house in Henley Street.
Alice: ... ?
Ben: Don’t you know? It’s ... .
Alice: Really? Did Shakespeare live all his life in the same house?
Ben: Not quite. ... .
Alice: I didn’t know that. Did Shakespeare have a large family?
Ben: ... .
Alice: I’d like to know more about William Shakespeare and see all his plays in the theatre.
7. Describe the pictures using the words.
8. Role play the situation.
a) You are taking part in a TV programme “My Discovery of England”. Everyone is asked to speak about the place in England that he/she has discovered for himself/herself.
The list of characters:
b) Imagine you are taking part in a British TV programme “My Discovery of Russia”. What places in Russia will you describe?