”чебник дл€ 6 класса
Unit 6. Consolidation one
* * * * * Let Us Talk * * * * *
1. Answer the questions and discuss the problems of weather, climate and ecology.
2. Work in pairs and complete the dialogue, then act it out.
IN A PET SHOP
Shop assistant: Good afternoon. ____________?
Customer:1 Yes, you can. IТm looking for a pet for my little daughter. ____________?
Shop assistant: What kind of pet would she like? Something usual or ____________?
Customer: IТm not quite sure. I know she wants to have a snake or a crocodile, but she isnТt going to have one.
Shop assistant: How about a ____________ or a ____________?
Customer: Hmm. They are not as friendly as dogs, ____________?
Shop assistant: No. But theyТre very clean and they eat less. Then maybe youТd prefer a bird, a ____________ or a ____________ for example?
Customer: Which would you recommend?
Shop assistant: Well, you canТt teach a ____________ to speak.
Customer: But ____________ speak too much and too loudly. I would like something quiet.
Shop assistant: A quiet pet? How about a goldfish or a ____________? They are the quietest pets I know.
3. Tell your classmates what the customer and the shop assistant in a pet shop talked about.
4. Comment on this: УMan the destroyer, man the creator.Ф
* * * * * Let us listen and Discuss * * * * *
5. Listen to the tape, Ў 25, look at the map and read what weather forecast radio gives for the USA today.
WEATHER FORECASTS ON THE RADIO
In New York Ч home of the Statue of Liberty and the skyscrapers Ч itТll be sunny and mild, a little bit cloudy, but nice and warm. What a beautiful day to walk about the city!
Down in the southeast today the weather will be wonderful. In Miami, Florida, a popular vacation place, itТs going to be sunny and very hot. ItТs ninety degrees Fahrenheit. A perfect day for the beach.
Not so in Springfield, Illinois, itТs cool and windy, we expect rain this afternoon. So get out your umbrella.
ItТs thirty-two degrees Fahrenheit. ThatТs zero degrees Celsius outside Denver, Colorado. ThereТs two feet of snow already and itТs going to snow some more. ItТs a perfect place for skiing.
And on the west coast in Los Angeles, California Ч home of Hollywood movie stars and the best cars Ч itТs sunny and warm. It will be a beautiful day for a drive up the coast.
And thatТs the weather in the USA today.
6. Look at the map of Russia and make up a radio forecast for certain places in the country. Ex. 5 can help you.
Vladivostok Ч Get out your umbrella.
Yakutsk Ч ItТs a perfect day for skiing.
Novosibirsk Ч Get out your warm coat.
Ekaterinburg Ч What a beautiful day for a ride in the country!
Murmansk Ч It will be a perfect day for fishing.
St. Petersburg Ч ItТs a perfect day to walk in the city.
Moscow Ч DonТt make any plans.
Volgograd Ч Get out your light clothes and sunglasses.
Sochi Ч A perfect day for the beach.
7. Answer the questions on the topic УAnimal WorldФ. Check your answers withbthe tape, 26.
DO YOU KNOW?
* * * * * Let Us Read * * * * *
8. Read the text УEcology of ManФ and say why people need no less protection than animals do.
Ecology of Man
27. It may sound funny to you, but man needs protection and care as much as animals do. PeopleТs habitats Ч their homes, towns and cities Ч must be kept ecologically clean. In the places where people drink dirty water, eat bad food and breathe polluted air they suffer from serious diseases and die early; their children are born weak. No medicines prescribed by the doctors can save them. This problem becomes more and more serious with every passing day. The modern way of life, when people do little physical activity, use cars instead of walking, watch television for many hours and work on computers is turning them into Уlegless creatures.Ф
9. Think of at least five things Modern Man must do to survive. Compare your lists.
10. Ask questions on the text for your classmates to answer.
* * * * * Let Us Write * * * * *
11. Write the same in English.
ѕредсказывать погоду; климатические изменени€; разрешить проблему; недостаток питьевой воды; €дерна€ энерги€; быть причиной разрушений; загр€знение воздуха; выжить; место обитани€; ниже нул€; парниковый эффект; озоновые дыры; оказывать вли€ние на окружающую среду; исчезнувшие виды животных; вылечивать болезни; уничтожать леса; сбрасывать отходы в реки.