b) Make up 6 true sentences with these adjectives. If you are not sure of their spelling consult a dictionary.
N ↠ V
dump — to dump
forecast - to forecast
influence — to influence
damage — to damage
poison — to poison
Adj ↠ V
warm — to warm
calm — to calm
clear — to clear
pale — to pale
7. a) Think of the correct way to express the same in Russian.
Homeless people; protection of the environment; a city with a population over 3 million; further development of the country; real freshness of the air; to see clearly; to do the job easily; waterless places; to pollute the atmosphere; to populate the area; to govern the country; I personally think...; important cooperation; to speak powerfully.
To warm dinner; to poison an enemy; to forecast the weather; to dump rubbish; to test nuclear weapons; to damage the environment; to influence the government.
b) Think of true sentences with these word combinations and write down at least five of them.
8. Decide which parts of the human body can suffer most of all from bad ecology and name them.
skin, stomach, lungs, blood, arms, the whole body, legs, brain1
• poisoned water
• polluted air
• traffic noise
• nuclear radiation
• television, computer, etc.
• bad (ecologically unsafe) food
• little physical activity
• radiation from the sun
1 brain — ìîçã
9. What do you think is more important? Put the words and word combinations in the order of importance.
1) Things that help us to keep fit:
clean water and air
physical activity (regular exercise)
good doctors and clinics
information about diseases and their cure
2) Different kinds of physical activity:
working in the garden
3) Food that is good for your health:
sweets and chocolate