Ó÷åáíèê äëÿ 6 êëàññà
Unit 1. Weather
* * * * * Let Us Review * * * * *
1. You all have been away from school for a long time. You certainly want to know how your friends spent their holidays. Ask them these questions to find out.
2. Look at the pictures and say how Jane, Sally, Nick and Mike spent their holidays. The words from the boxes can help you.
to travel about Russia
to travel by ship
to stay at home
to be free early mornings
to have a lot of free time in the evening
to read a lot, to watch videos
to play football, volleyball
to play on the computer
to go to the country
3. Now you are in class but only a few weeks ago you were on holiday. Make true sentences about now and then.
Example: I go to school six days a week at present but I enjoyed my summer holidays a week ago.
4. During her holidays Olga went to England. She spent a week there and met a nice English girl, called Linda. Complete the dialogue between the girls and then act it out. Don’t forget to change over.
Olga: Excuse me, is this seat free?
Linda: __________ Please sit down.
Olga: Thank you. Do you live here?
Linda: __________. And where do you come from? I see you’re a stranger here.
Linda: Really? How interesting. I’ve never met anyone from Russia before. __________? __________?
Olga: My name is Olga and I’m from Moscow.
Linda: I’m Linda. It’s so nice to meet you! When __________? __________?
Olga: I came to London last week to brush up my English.
Linda: I think your English is very good. How long __________?
Olga: I’ve been here for a week. I’m leaving for Moscow tomorrow.
Linda: That’s a pity. I’d like to know more about Russia. __________?
Olga: Certainly. I live at Flat 43, 25, Begovaya Street. I would so much like to get a letter from you.
Linda: __________. Bye.
5. Now Norman and Jack are at school again. Say what they used to do dur ing their summer holidays.
Example: Norman used to play the violin in the summer.
6. Look at the pictures on pages 7—8 and say what the weather was like yesterday and what it is like today. The word box can help you.
7. a) Sasha has got a pen friend John who lives in Britain. In John’s school the school year begins a week later than in Sasha’s. Complete Sasha’s letter to John.
It's nice to know that you (1. be) still on holiday. I wonder what you are doing now. You (2. fish)? You (3. swim)? You (4. lie) in the sun? Anyway I hope you (5. enjoy) yourself.
Only a few days ago I (6. fish), (7. swim) and (8. lie) in the sun too. But it (9. be) over now and I (10. be) back at school. The weather has changed and it (11. rain) heavily. And only yesterday the sun (12. shine) brightly in the cloudless sky. I think that autumn (13. be) here. What is the weather like where you are? Is it cold and foggy or is it warm and sunny? A wind (14. blow)? Our textbooks (15. write) so much about the weather in Britain. I'd like to know if what they write is true.
With best wishes,
b) Now name 5 things Sasha used to do in the summer and 5 things John used to do. (Ex. 5 can help you.)
Example: Sasha used to swim a lot.