>>> Перейти на мобильный размер сайта >>>
Учебник для 6 класса
Unit 21. Climate And Wildlife
* * * * * Let Us Review * * * * *
1. Say what you will be doing tomorrow at:
4 o’clock p.m.
7 o’clock p.m.
11 o’clock p.m.
7 o’clock a.m.
10 o’clock a.m.
in the afternoon
2. Look at the pictures and say what Mary’s relatives will be doing when she arrives at work.
Example: When Mary arrives at work her granny will be getting up.
3. Think and say what your relatives will be doing when you come home from school.
Example: When I come home from school my little sister will be playing with her new doll.
4. Mr Wilson is flying to Sydney, Australia. It’s a very long way. Say what Mr Wilson will be doing during his flight.
Example: the passengers occupy their seats/to read — As soon as the passengers occupy their seats Mr Wilson will be reading.
- the plane takes off / to play a computer game
- lunch is brought / to talk to the passenger next to him
- the “no smoking” notice appears / to sleep
- the video is turned on / to watch a film
- the plane starts landing / to look through the window
5. Use the verbs in brackets (in present indefinite, present continuous, future indefinite or future continuous) to complete the sentences. (In some cases more than one tense is possible.)
- I’ll phone you when I (to arrive) in Moscow.
- Come at seven: we (to have) dinner and you (to be able) to join us.
- What you (to do) when you (to arrive) at the hotel?
- If mother (to come) home early we (to go) to the cinema together.
- You (to see) us when we (to climb) that hill over there.
- Who (to play) football tomorrow?
- You (to look) at me when I (to dance) on the stage?
- When you (to tell) me what I should do with these books?
6. Look at the pictures and name the fruits. Say which of them are citrus fruits.
7. Complete the sentences with the words from the box.
- She won’t come to the party ... you don’t invite her.
- We’ll go on holiday ... father comes back from his business trip.
- ... my brother comes home from school we’ll be watching a new video film.
- I always do my lessons ... I go for a walk.
- ... spring comes the snow starts melting and we see the first flowers and young grass.
- It’s very difficult to survive in a foreign country ... you don’t know its language.
- People can’t be happy ... they don’t learn to keep their environment clean and healthy.
- ... I saw him I understood that he was in shock and unhappy.
8. a) Make adjectives from these nouns. Say what they mean and use them in sentences of your own.
Example: ice — icy (ледяной, льдистый, покрытый льдом):
Be careful, the roads are icy this morning.
b) Find antonyms to these words and use them in sentences of your own.
Example: hospitable — inhospitable: We were very much surprised that the people who met us were inhospitable and unfriendly.
9. Express the same in English.
- Учитель спросил меня, кто населяет территорию этой огромной страны.
- Цитрусовые деревья обычно растут в тропическом климате, верно?
- Он хотел знать, где в Англии выращивают пшеницу.
- Это побережье известно своими обширными пляжами.
- Из всех фруктов я люблю груши меньше всего.
- Какие англоговорящие страны, кроме Британии и США, ты знаешь?
- Какие континенты расположены в северном полушарии?
- Какие ведущие промышленные страны ты можешь назвать?